Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My little corner

It has been 2 1/2 years, that we have lived here and i am still not done hanging and putting everything up. So woman make honey do lists not me i ask, and if it doesn't happen i will try it my self or a will what. I wasn't in a rush because we have moved every time i get thing just the why i like them so this time i have been very slow to put the house all together.

my little corner has memories, grandma's chair that sat in her home next to the window, my grandpa's table he got out of the trash and repaired. Items from Brazil that were a gift to my late husband and myself from Albie. He was an exchange student that lived at his home when he was a young man. And i find my self longing to take a trip when i look at this pic he had taken when he visited there, and a pair of antique binoculars everything in this corner has memories.
A fountain i came home to after visting the kids for my last anniversary, some plants the one in the red dish for Tom and Helen who both past on last year, the little church Hubby got me as a gift. They my be thing to some but they are memories to me each plant, items etc; i find peace in this corner i set and read sometimes so adding the items to the wall on the top pic, it is feeling a little more like home. what is you special space or corner that you go to just be?
Talk soon. s

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love your style and your house it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I don't have one special place in my new home yet. I try to take advantage of every quiet space that I can find. So far, I think my favorite is the bathroom! In my old house we didn't have locks on the doors, so privacy was impossible. Now, I find excuses to go into the bathroom, even when I don't really have to use it!

Danielle said...

and what makes your house even more beautiful is the fact that the things you have mean something to you! I love that!

reflections in progress

this is a blog of my thoughts, if you happen to stumble on to them walk softly, leave a message if you would like or not. I'm a blog observer so we may met again. talk soon :)