Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blessings

Good morning i was up and . out of the house by 7:15 drove one hr 40 min. for a board meeting then meet with a friend who does stain glass for a project he is doing for me,then 1hr and 40 home, it's now 2:00. This drive brings back memories of so much see i have been doing this drive for some 20 years. I've been married 11 years, known my husband now for almost 14, so some of the memories are from before i new my husband, they are what God has used to mold me. Well i came home to my honey waiting for me and (lunch) it is funny how simple things make me happy. See he started to feed me when we first met. with that first note on my office door, i was a 92Lbs ball of nerve's, it was just before Easter having been through a very ruff time. Bill had past away 6months before, i had fallen down some stairs, and i had people calling me daily to pay the bills. At the ripe old age of 33 i found my self in probate had been told by the attorney not to pay the bills in till we were able to figure out what every thing was worth. There was a 5Th on the house. The year before was the 94 earth quick, I had signed on 2 SBA loans for the business that my name wasn't on it that was stupid, thing were a real mess. It wasn't in till a month after Bill died that i had found out that he had lift me some live insurance. The business check book had a -10,000 + and the personal one not much better. i was a walking ball of nerves hence down to 92 lbs. . The Pro-Bo no attorney had to find me a liquidator most of the inventory was out dated all for another story, this post is to count my blessing. One of the blessings in that it all got donate it to a non profit, the supplies over filled a Semi-truck. This is just a little back round as to why i find the simple things to be thankful for. My hubby showing me how much he cares in simple ways, how much he loves me are my daily blessings. There was i time in my life that i wouldn't have seen that as a blessing, i wanted the fun the excitement of the night life and all that went with it. It is now the simplest things that i see like the morning corny poems when he calls me, when he complains about work yet he gets up every morning with out fall and goes. He is a great friend, husband, provider, son in law, etc i could go on and on how he has supported me and my loved ones in my life. So today is the day i say Thanks Honey i am thankful you love God, and that you love me. Thank You for all the extras you did this weekend. Thank You for taking care of me, so i don't have to work out side of the home, thank you for helping me with Ashlee, thank you working so hard so i can go see the kids, thank you thank you thank you. Now i am going to go iron you shirts. Ironing make me smile because it is a very small why i can say thank you. love you honey!

How do you show loved ones you love them in small ways! and what do you see as a blessing that others may not see? To all you peeps have a blessed day talk soon. s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only do "small"! I have never been able to show love in bigger ways. I think the small things are more important. I have left small gift cards in my daughters car, put a simple note in my husbands wallet, and drew pictures leaving them for my smaller kids to find.

sc said...

hi l.i.f.e. thanks for stoping by i think small thing are the best. enjoy reading your blog. s.

reflections in progress

this is a blog of my thoughts, if you happen to stumble on to them walk softly, leave a message if you would like or not. I'm a blog observer so we may met again. talk soon :)