Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturdays hopes

Was felling better so i was able to pick up my CASA kid and off we went on a new adventure. Today's morning was prep work, we will be traveling back in time next week. more pic's to follow it will be my first year so i am excited. My CASA and i are going to be in the village of Bethlehem. The Bethlehem Experience. my hope is that it will get people thinging on the gift of the birth of Christ. Go to http://www.gotobethlehem.com/ and check it out.
some came from a fair to help, and are not members of this chruch, yet they gave up there day to help set up. It was great every one pitching in and working together young and old it was a fun day. Then off to the birthday party at the park, can you remember your 18th?
i am sure this will be a birthday she will remember for ever. the kids BBQ'ed calif style, friends came but had to cut it short at 4:30 she had to work, i can remember working on my 18th. Was working in a convalescent home form the age of 15 1/2, with the elderly the ones with no family or family that is unable to care. Now i find myself in my late 40's working with foster kids the ones with no family or ones that are unable to care for waht ever reason. i have recieved blessing in both to see these young one with hope, and the lesson i learn for the old.
How thankful i find myself to have work with the forgotten one of our time in America. One of my favorite memories is a little old lady that was a Sunday school teacher she would sing Jesus love me, over and over all day. Some found that trying on there ears but for me i looked forward to seeing and singing with her each day she was a little ray of sun shine, in all the sadness. I find my self once again looking for the lessons and blessings, the more i look the more i see. We are a strong nation, and i love that there are thoughs out there helping all over the world. Yet were will we be if we as a stong nation fall our children and fall our elderly i think about what do other country see in us. What is your thoughs? Talk soon s.

1 comment:

Amy said...

that's cool that they made that, happy birthday to her!
no that's the wall to the right when you first walk into the door, where all of aiden's stuff used to be pilled up. that's where our x mas tree is.

reflections in progress

this is a blog of my thoughts, if you happen to stumble on to them walk softly, leave a message if you would like or not. I'm a blog observer so we may met again. talk soon :)